ANZPAA’s Board approves the creation of all our Forums and sets the strategic direction, goals and targets for the Agency. Our Forums are comprised of senior police and forensic representatives and their Working and Reference Groups across the jurisdictions and forensic laboratories. We work closely with these Forums to prioritise issues, identify gaps and develop strategic initiatives in Forum Action Plans. These Action Plans are approved by our Board and form an important element in ANZPAA’s work program.
All our Groups play a role in ensuring that our strategic goals and work program targets are met. The quality of our relationships with our stakeholders is critical to our success.
- provide strategic policy support and guidance to the Board of Management and Ministers
- collaborate between jurisdictions, thereby avoiding duplication of work and functions
- improve performance management and accountability
- enhance the ability to capitalise on learning and innovation
- increase flexibility of service delivery
- maximise the effective use of resources
- streamline governance and structural arrangements.
- focus strategic support for the Board of Management and Ministers with reduced bureaucracy, streamlined management processes and a consolidated governance structure
- achieve cross jurisdiction collaboration on all matters relating to the improvement of, and advancement within, policing in Australia and New Zealand
- enhance accountability and responsiveness to the community and other key stakeholders
- enable greater flexibility to address priorities in the immediate and future needs of policing in Australia and New Zealand
- enable the Police Commissioners’ Conference to focus on the long term future of policing, and assist Commissioners to consider themes of critical significance to policing in Australia and New Zealand
- ensure a level of consistency, coordination and alignment across policing in Australia and New Zealand
- develop strong, effective and mutual relationships with other government agencies, cross jurisdictional organisations and tertiary institutions
- provide means to more effectively exploit commercial and other grant opportunities.