- focus strategic support for the Board of Management and Ministers with reduced bureaucracy, streamlined management processes and a consolidated governance structure
- achieve cross jurisdiction collaboration on all matters relating to the improvement of, and advancement within, policing in Australia and New Zealand
- enhance accountability and responsiveness to the community and other key stakeholders
- enable greater flexibility to address priorities in the immediate and future needs of policing in Australia and New Zealand
- enable the Police Commissioners’ Conference to focus on the long term future of policing, and assist Commissioners to consider themes of critical significance to policing in Australia and New Zealand
- ensure a level of consistency, coordination and alignment across policing in Australia and New Zealand
- develop strong, effective and mutual relationships with other government agencies, cross jurisdictional organisations and tertiary institutions
- provide means to more effectively exploit commercial and other grant opportunities.